Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Believe me on this!

I know you have heard the fitness gurus all spout out the importance of keeping a food journal before. And like me you probably dismissed it as being a waste of time, but let me assure you it is a great help to you and here's why! (what they don't tell you) Not only of course, do you really know the amount of calories and fat grams you have consumed, but it really opens your eyes to what you are eating and it shows you your eating patterns and you begin to be able to see where you can cut back an do better. Now I know this also seems like a lot of work but it really isn't it only takes a few seconds to write it down. It also forces you not to eat food you can't honestly record the calories on and it also shows you truly how many calories are in fatty foods versus healthy ones. For example a large french fry at McDonald's has 500 calories and a whole can of green beans has 70 so you could eat 7 cans of green beans before it would equal one order of fries! Trust me this works and is crucial to success!

No comments:

Post a Comment