Saturday, April 10, 2010

Sneakin'

O.K. I know I said I wouldn't post till Monday, but Natalie is still asleep so I am sneaking this one in. I can't believe I am up this early on a Saturday, especially when I just worked so long and Natalie kept me up till after 1 watching movies. Anyway, I watched a show this week on being overweight and something that was said has really stuck with me and I want to share it with y'all.
The truth is fatty foods and being overweight kills people through heart attacks, stokes, diabetes and other methods. It also robs of us the time we have here on earth by taking away our dreams and even day to day activities become to difficult when you are carrying around a lot of extra weight.
The thing that stuck with me was this there was a story told that went like this if you were out in the desert and you were extremely hot and thirsty and you came upon a water supply but there was a sign saying the water was poison and it would eventually cause your death would you drink it? Would you drink it knowing you would someday die from it.No of course you wouldn't even though you were thirsty and hot unless you were suicidal you wouldn't dare put that poison in your mouth. So why do we put fatty foods like ice cream, pizza and fries in our system when we know eventually it will be the end of us. Now I am talking to the people who are seriously overweight here of course.No matter how bad you desire fatty foods please remember they are in fact killing you and you can and you must (for your own sake) make a healthier choice!
I made it she's still sleeping!

No comments:

Post a Comment